Monday, June 12, 2006

Ann Coulter's America as seen across the pond


With a tip of the tam to Professor Eric Alterman, whom I credit for keeping me convinced I wasn't totally insane until I discovered the lefty blogosphere and other Progressive resources that I'd admittedly missed for too long, The Guardian serves up Gaby Wood's "Lethally Blond", which appeared in Sunday's Observer. It is interesting how Ann Coulter is viewed by people from other cultures and nations. Gaby Wood wrote of Ann's "puppy" traits and I nearly fell out my chair! (Personal note to our old collie - It is good to know you are getting to eat beef at least. Old Ralph would have wanted it that way as well!) Her "popularity" says much about our nation I fear. She's combative by default, often dead wrong, lacking in any measure of tact, and seemingly nuts! Our society, and I certainly include the so-called liberal media in the mix, is nearly as nuts to give her even a partially legitimate venue to shill her hate and foolishness. That she has an action figure as pictured above is likely appropriate for a symbol of just how far we've lowered the bar. (Speaking of the bar, I still would not be surprised if Ms. Coulter had not just closed one down when she appeared on The Today Show with Matt Lauer just recently.) At least the 101st Fighting Keyboarders have someone to talk with when they serve "Our Leader". Peace ... or War!