Friday, July 07, 2006

Sam Harris - The End of Faith

After dogging out James Dobson earlier today I'll counter with Sam Harris, author of The End of Faith : Religion, Terror and the Future of Reason. Salon's Steve Paulson (it will cost you an ad) gives us "The disbeliever : Sam Harris, author of "The End of Faith," on why religious moderates are worse than fundamentalists, 9/11 led us into a deranged holy war, and believers should be treated like alien-abduction kooks." A good interview with substance that ought to be considered.


I thought I'd given us a TruthDig piece on Sam Harris earlier yet can't locate post in archives just yet. I'll give you a Council for Secular Humanism effort that Mr. Harris titled "The Myth of Secular Moral Chaos" and then another from the same source entitled "Reply to a Christian", which I understand is essentially the theme of his next book. Peace ... or War!